On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services (OPRS)
What is the OPRS?
The On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services is subvented by the Social Welfare Department with the aim to provide outreaching services to participating Kindergartens that the child is currently attending. Social workers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, clinical/ educational psychologists and special needs teachers are to provide on-site rehabilitation services with early intervention for children with special need.
What is included in the OPRS?
The followings are included under the service of OPRS:
a) For Children:
Based on the needs of the child, we will provide on site/centre based training for a yearly average of 60 hours (individual/pair up/group; within school/centre), which may include:
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Teacher/therapist Centered based group/individual training
- Centre based training: during summer holiday.
The frequency, duration and the mode of service provision may vary according to the child’s needs.
b) For Kindergarten Teachers
- Onsite Professional Advice & Consultation for Teacher
- Educational Talks for Teachers
Who is this for?
Children attending the participating KGs who are on the waiting list for SWD-subvented preschool rehabilitation services (OPRS/EETC/IP/SCCC) (already been diagnosed and assessed)
When is the program?
Onsite individual and group training/therapy for children within or outside the child’s school hour.
- The Child’s Current Kindergarten /
- Watchdog Early Education Centre (Jordan Centre) 4 Jordan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong /
- Watchdog Early Education Centre (Hong Kong Centre) G/F, 12 Borrett Road, Central, Hong Kong /
- OPRS (Lai Chi Kok Centre) Unit 503 (tower 1), Cheung Sha Wan Plaza, 833 Cheung Sha Wan Rd, Lai Chi Kok
Program Fees & Additional Information
The OPRS is fully subsidized by the government and is free of charge.
Program Enquiry & Application
Telephone: 2521 7364
Fax: 2522 0734
Project Coordinator (OPRS)
Telephone: 2377 9666
Fax: 2377 9066